The church, of Anglican cult, stands in via del Babuino, in the Campo Marzio district and was built in 1880 for English residents and visitors to Rome on a project by the English architect George Edmund Street. During the excavations of the foundations, the remains of a domus senatoria from the imperial age were found. The works lasted for five years and the church, with the still unfinished bell tower, was opened in 1887.
The building is in a typically English neo-Gothic style. The exterior is characterized by the red brick curtain from Siena in contrast with the travertine ornaments, while the interior is decorated with Italian polychrome marble and pink Arles stone.
It has a three-nave plan, with a wooden roof supported by pointed arches and flying buttresses. In the central nave, between the arches, there are mosaic roundels with the Evangelists and other Christian symbols, designed by the pre-Raphaelite artist Edward Burne-Jones.
Photo credits: All Saints' Anglican Church Official Site
For the timetable of the masses and visiting conditions, please consult the contacts
Um mehr über alle barrierefreien Dienste zu erfahren, besuchen Sie den Abschnitt barrierefreies Rom.