The House of Fiammetta is a 15th-century two-story building with a roof terrace and a front porch supported by columns and pillars. The house is traditionally attributed to the Florentine courtesan Fiammetta Michaelis, who lived in Rome in the 15th century and who had among her lovers Cesare Borgia, son of Alexander VI, known as "il Valentino".
In her will issued to a notary on February 19, 1512 (date of her death), in which she is indicated as "Fiammetta del Duca di Valentino", she bequeathed to her "brother" Andrea, actually her son, two houses (this and the other on via dei Coronari) and a vineyard with a casino, located near the "Viridaria gate" in the Vatican, which was given to her by her first lover, the humanist Giacomo Ammannati.
After several changes of ownership, at the end of the nineteenth century, the house came into the possession of the Bennicelli family who, at the beginning of the 20th century, had it restored.
Visible from the exterior
Um mehr über alle barrierefreien Dienste zu erfahren, besuchen Sie den Abschnitt barrierefreies Rom.