Located in one of Rome's most suggestive and historically rich areas, a few steps from the Colosseum and the Circus Maximus, the Nando Martellini Stadium at the Baths of Caracalla is dedicated to athletics, with a six-lane track measuring 400 meters and platforms for jumps in elevation and extension.
Begun between 1936 and 1937, the works for its construction were part of the restructuring of the Porta Capena area for the building of the Ministry of Italian Africa and the raising of the Axum obelisk. It was inaugurated and approved on 24 May 1939.
Initially named after the jurist Vittorio Polacco, it was later named after the famous and unforgettable sports reporter Nando Martellini.
The Stadium was restructured in the late 1950s to allow the athletes involved in the Games of the XVII Olympiad, which took place in Rome between 25 August and 11 September 1960, to train.
The FIDAL Lazio Regional Committee, which has managed it since 2013, has founded an Athletics School within it to spread and raise awareness of the potential and benefits of this sport and its many specialties.
Ideally, a symbol of the inseparable link between classicism and body care through the exercise of sports, the Nando Martellini Stadium offers an incomparable view of the Archaeological Area of the Baths of Caracalla, one of the largest and best-preserved recreational complexes of antiquity.
Photo: FIDAL official website
Um mehr über alle barrierefreien Dienste zu erfahren, besuchen Sie den Abschnitt barrierefreies Rom.