The building, constructed between 1929 and 1931 at the request of Italo Balbo and designed by Roberto Marino, represents the values of the regime's architecture from the outside.
The organisation of the interior spaces in "continuous spaces", the technological solutions and the systems used, often futuristic for the time - batteries of perpetual motion lifts, pneumatic post - respond to entirely new criteria of modernity and functionality.
The building is now the headquarters of the General Staff of the Air Force.
(times subject to confirmation depending on visits by Italian and foreign representatives)
Um mehr über alle barrierefreien Dienste zu erfahren, besuchen Sie den Abschnitt barrierefreies Rom.