Currently the seat of the INPS, is Known for being the historical headquarters of the newspaper Il Tempo.
The palace, located where the Temple of Marcus Aurelius stood in Roman times, was completely rebuilt by Pope Gregory XVI in 1838 to designs by Camporese, who provided it with a portico built with sixteen Ionic columns from archaeological digs in Veio.
Following this work, the building became the seat of the Vice-gerent of the Vicariate of Rome and then, for a few years after 1871, the headquarters of the Ministry of Education of the Kingdom of Italy, until the rich banker Wedekind bought it in 1879 to renovate it on the basis of a design by G.B. Giovenale.
For a short time, from September 1943 until the liberation of Rome, the building was the official headquarters of the Roman Fascists.
To find out about all accessibility services, visit the Rome accessible section.