Do you want to move around the city without using public service? You can contact a taxi company by dialing 060609 or submit your request through the Chiama Taxi Utente App of Roma Capitale.
You can download the Chiama Taxi Utente App from Google Play (Android) or App Store (Ios). If you call, you are asked to clearly pronounce the address and house number where you wish to be picked up. Through voice recognition (Automatic Speech Recognition), the system directs the call to the nearest taxi rank. The App allows data entry via touch, GPS identification of your position, and then direct voice contact with the nearest taxi.
Taxis licensed by Rome City Council are white and have a sign bearing the word “TAXI” on their roofs. The symbol of Rome City Council is clearly visible on the front doors and the license inside the back left. Other vehicles may well be driven by unauthorized persons and the fare could therefore be a great deal higher. When possible, go to a taxi rank or call for one by telephone. A taxi may be booked for airports, railway stations and hospital via Radiotaxi. As explained in the “Extra fares” section, a further cost is added when calling via Radiotaxi.
The fares are based on the following criteria:
• Single progressive taxi metre rates are valid throughout the municipality, working on a unit basis calculated according to kilometres travelled and time accumulated for each journey;
• Fares are not higher than the annual inflation rates issued by the National Statistics Bureau Istat;
• Fares are reduced for women travelling alone at night, as well as journeys to hospitals and for youngsters leaving discos on Friday and Saturday nights, subject to prior agreement having been stipulated with club in question.
PROGRESSIVE FARE (COST OF EACH TAXIMETER TICK € 0,10) - ROME CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION N. 129 DATED 04.06.2021
Initial fixed fee
- Fixed fee from point of departure on weekdays (from 6:00 am to 10 pm) € 3,00
- Fixed fee from point of departure Sundays and public holidays (from 6:00 am to 10 pm) € 5,00
- Fixed fee from point of departure at night (from 10 pm to 6 am) € 7,00
- Timed tick on the meter applied at speeds of less than 20km/hr, 28,00 €/hr
SINGLE PROGRESSIVE TAXIMETER FARE
- T1: at speeds > 20 km/h 1,14 €/km
- T2: at speeds > 20 km/h 1,35 €/km
- T3: at speeds > 20 km/h 1,66 €/km
The taximeter shifts from T1 to T2 when the initial fixed fare on the taximeter has clocked up a further €11,00, from that time onwards the T2 fare is applied until a further €13,00 have been clocked up, from then on, the third fare, T3, is applied until the end of the journey.
A 10% reduction of the amount displayed on the taximeter in the following cases:
- Direct journeys to public hospitals in Rome.
- For women travelling alone at night (from 10 pm to 6 am).
- For young people leaving dance clubs on Friday and Saturday nights, subject to a suitable agreement with the owners of public establishments.
- The first piece of baggage is free of charge; there is a charge for each successive piece of baggage measuring more than 35x25x50cm: € 1,00;
- For vehicles for more than 4 passengers, there is a charge from the fifth passenger onwards of € 1,00;
- The fixed right to call radiotaxi fee is €4,00
The journeys originating within the Grande Raccordo Anulare and with destination Fiumicino Airport may not exceed the amount of € 73,00.
The amount of the service will be the one indicated by the taximeter at the end of the journey. To this amount are added, where present, supplementary fees: excess luggage, fixed right to call radio taxi, any passengers from the fifth onwards.
Any such supplements will then be added to the amount of the ride identified by the taximeter.
FIXED FARES (PER JOURNEY AND NOT PER PASSENGER) - CITY COUNCIL DELIBERATION N. 129 DATED 04.06.2021
Fixed fares are inclusive of all extra charges.
- From Fiumicino Airport to within the Aurelian Walls3 and vice versa: € 50,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Castello della Magliana - Parco dei Medici and vice versa: € 31,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Nuova Fiera di Roma Exhibition Centre and vice versa: € 26,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Ciampino Airport and vice versa: € 52,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina Station and vice versa: € 57,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Ostiense Station and vice versa: € 47,00
- From Fiumicino Airport to Port of Civitavecchia and vice versa: € 125,00
- From Ciampino Airport to within the Aurelian Walls4 and vice versa: € 31,00
- From Ciampino Airport to Fiumicino Airport and vice versa: € 52,00
- From Ciampino Airport to the Tiburtina train station and vice versa: € 36,00
- From Ciampino Airport to the Ostiense train station and vice versa: € 31,00
- From Ostia Lido Centro to Fiumicino Isola Sacra and vice versa: € 21,00
- From Ostia Lido Centro to the town of Fiumicino and vice versa: € 26,00
- From Ostia Lido Centro to Fiumicino Airport and vice versa: € 24,00
For the full fee schedule information, see www.comune.roma.it
MAIN TAXI PARKING POINTS
Largo Torre Argentina (between Pantheon and Trastevere), piazza Fiume (Villa Borghese), piazza Venezia, piazza G. Belli (Trastevere), piazzale Ostiense, piazza S.Silvestro (Trevi Fountain), piazza dei Cinquecento (Termini station), piazzale della Stazione Tiburtina, metro A Anagnina, piazzale della Stazione del Lido (Ostia), piazza Risorgimento (Vaticano).
- Before leaving, check that the taximeter (located above the instrument panel or in the upper part of the front window) is on, if not, ask the driver to activate it.
- Always ask for the receipt to be issued, which must indicate the route, the license number, the amount paid and the driver's signature.
- In case of problems/complaints, call the Traffic Police at 0667104282, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or make your report through the website www.turismoroma.it.
Any complaints can be addressed to the Department of Mobility and Transportation, Guarantee Commission, Via Capitan Bavastro 94, 00154, Rome.
Obligations of the taxi driver: may not refuse to provide service; may not choose the ride; may carry only the number of passengers indicated on the registration card; must apply the fare provided by the taximeter except for fixed-price routes; must ask users to fasten their seat belts if they do not do so voluntarily.
HOW TO TRAVEL BY TAXI
- The use of a face mask is mandatory.
- The passenger may not occupy the seat next to the driver.
- In cars approved for the transport of up to five people, no more than two passengers may be carried in the back seat.
- In cars approved for the transportation of six or more persons, patterns must be applied where there are no more than two passengers in each row of seats.
The limitations do not apply if the passengers live in the same housing unit, if they are relatives or if they are persons who have stable interpersonal relationships (for example: spouse, relatives and relatives-in-law in the straight and collateral line not living together, but with stable attendance; persons, not bound by ties of kinship, affinity or marriage, who habitually share the same places).