Its origin dates back to C.XII and recalls the name of the rope-makers, once very numerous in the area. In 1564 the church was completely restored by architect Guidetto Guidetti by the hand of Cardinal Federico Cesi. It has a nice marble façade enriched by a big fruit festoon, one of the best examples of a façade with superimposed orders. Very singular is also the bell-tower with its belfry crowned by the small octagonal dome placed on a preexisting medieval tower. In the single-naved interior, on finds paintings by Livio Agresti, Girolamo Baglioni, Annibale Carracci, Federico Zuccari.
Booking requested: apply form