The gardens rise around Castel Sant’Angelo and were created in the 1930s by Attilio Spaccarelli.
The area was transformed into a park in 1911, the year of the Universal Exposition in Rome. The current scheme, faithful to the original design, includes a double row of trees with geometric flower beds, along the perimeter of the square wall.
The connection of the different areas of the garden, pine forest, ramparts walk and moat, extended on different levels, is ensured by two large stairways.
On the occasion of the Jubilee of the 2000s, a classic Italian garden was created next to Castel Sant'Angelo, on the Lungotevere: a green area divided into eight flower beds with a 17th century fountain in the center surrounded by hedges, for a pleasant walk overlooking the river.
From 7.00 till dusk
To find out about all accessibility services, visit the Rome accessible section.