This monumental travertine church dedicated to St Peter and St Paul was built between 1937 and 1941 on the highest point in the EUR. Its white mass dominates the whole district. The principal architect was Arnaldo Foschini. At the top of the steps stand two large statues of the saints. The Greek cross plan is stressed by the clean angles and sober lines. The dome, covered in little tiles overlapping like fish scales, rests on a drum pierced by oculi.The main door, designed by Giovanni Prini (1877-1958), is made of bronze, ornamented with low reliefs representing the lives of the saints.From the surrounding terrace, flanked by two porticos, there is a view of the suburbs of Rome.
Every day from 7.00am to 19.00 pm
Visitors are not allowed during Mass (religious services)
For services schedule please call the Church or visit: www.santipietroepaoloroma.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:orario-sante-messe&catid=1:appuntamenti-liturgici&Itemid=63
Opening times are subject to change. Please call the Church