The Museum of Chemistry was founded in 1986 and inaugurated in its current location in 1992. It keeps laboratory appliancesand didactic material that goes from the foundation of the Institute of Chemistry in Via Panisperna by S. Cannizzaro (about 1870) to our days. The instruments exhibited include cryoscopies, emission spectrographs, microscopes, end of nineteenth century thermometers, the first lead shields for radioactivity experiments. A series of synthetic colorings, kept in small nineteenth century bottles provided with instructions for their use on various materials and the 40 didactic colored tables representing chemical industrial plants of the past centuries, such as the gasometer next to the abattoir, are of particular interest.Connections: Metro B - Policlinico Bus 310 - 492 Tram 19 - 3
Museums and cultural sites are subject at the COVID containment measures.
For the opening times and guidelines please check the official website.
To find out about all accessibility services, visit the Rome accessible section.