The fountain, also known as Cupid’s, stands in the center of the Garden of the Villa Pamphilj Theater and was built in 1855 by the architect Andrea Busiri Vici, using materials that belonged to the villa's furnishings. Together with the nearby Fountain of Venus, it focuses on the theme of the celebration of love.
The fountain consists of a large inground pool at the base and a central masonry basin decorated with 12 small pillars and fed by water flowing from lateral masks.
On the top of the fountain, in the center of the upper basin supported by four figures of fauns, there was an ancient sculpture of a winged Cupid, unfortunately stolen shortly after the villa was opened to the public.
To find out about all accessibility services, visit the Rome accessible section.