The studio of the painter Francesco Trombadori (Syracuse 1886 - Rome 1961) prominent figure of the Roman School is located in Rome inside the monumental historical Park called Villa Strohl-Fern.
The Villa was a famous place of artists and was active for more of eighty years (among its guests we can remember Rainer Maria Rilke, Arturo Martini and Carlo Levi). It was founded in 1880 by the Alsatian patron and artist Alfred W. Strohl-Fern (1847 - 1927) that he left in legacy to the French State, and today is one of the head office of the Chateaubriand School. The studio number twelve is the last Studio-Residence that remained in its nineteenth-century structure, with a loft, a wooden staircase and a large skylight.
In 1985 it was declared particularly important and bound by the Ministry of Culture and Environment. There are period furnishings preserved, the archive, the library and some works of the painter. Guarded by the painter's daughter (Donatella Trombadori) who chairs the Association “Friends of Villa Strohl-Fern" constituted in 1984 for the protection of the Villa and founded by Antonello Trombadori who was poet, journalist and patriot.
The Villa is visited privately and publicly only by appointment.
Museums and cultural sites are subject at the COVID containment measures. For opening and closing days and timetables, please contact the contacts indicated.
To find out about all accessibility services, visit the Rome accessible section.