The House of the Knights of Rhodes was the seat of the Roman Priory of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, later known as being from Rhodes and from Malta. The Knights settled there in the late twelfth century, building their home on ancient Roman structures.
In 1566, the Priory moved to Aventine and settled the sisters of the Santissima Annunziata in the house.
Finally in 1946, the house was granted the Order of Malta.
Particularly noteworthy are the facade with an indented Romanesque frame and a Guelph cross window from the fifteenth century.
Open to organized groups by reservation only on Tuesdays and Thursdays;
Closed on August.
Phone Booking required: tel. +39 060608 (daily from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm)