This Pontifical Herbalists' shop was founded in 1780. The names and the pontifical seals which, as the previous holders testified, were impressed on the balances, indicated a power so strong that it was even possible to suppose that there were secret passages connecting the herbalist's shop with the Vatican.
The history of the herbalist shop is varied and with different holders over time an attempt has been made to recover the ancient furnitures and decorations, like the boxes used to preserve the pot plants, all made in sandal wood and painted with fine details. Antique recipes for mixes of medical plants for herbal infusions are still preserved.
For opening and closing times, please contact directly the shop.
Para conocer todos los servicios de accesibilidad, visite la sección Roma accesible.