The Auditorium Parco della Musica Ennio Morricone is ready to host the 17th edition of the Rome Film Festival, the event that hosts the main screening rooms and one of the widest red carpets in the world.
The program includes other non-competitive sections in addition to the actual contest:
- Freestyle hosts free format, duration and style titles, from TV series to video clips, from movies to video art;
- Grand Public, dedicated to the Cinema for the general public;
- Best of 2022 welcomes some of the best titles of the season from other international festivals;
- Restauri e Retrospettive presents masterpieces brought back to their original splendor and insights into the work of the protagonists of Italian and international Cinema.
Two sections are dedicated to meetings with the public:
- Paso Doble, a dialogue between two authors;
- Absolute Beginners, where an accomplished author recalls the story of his debut in Cinema.
The Festival also hosts events, special screenings, and tributes.
This year novelty is Progressive Cinema - Visioni per il mondo di domani, an international contest validated by Fiapf (International Federation of Film Production Associations). The films are judged by a jury composed of professionals in the field of Cinema, culture, and the arts who will award six prizes: Best Film, Grand Jury Prize, Best Director, Best Actress, Award for Best Actor, and Special Jury Award.
There are also two transversal Awards: the Best Comedy and the Best First Feature. The latter see the collaboration of Alice nella città, the autonomous and parallel section of the Film Festival dedicated to the young generations that takes place on the same dates and has its own rules.
Spectators will be the protagonists of the Festival with the awarding of a Public Prize.
Finally, the Artistic Director Paola Malanga, in agreement with President Gian Luca Farinelli, will propose the Lifetime Achievement Awards to personalities who have made the history of the seventh art, such as: for the Best Actress to Monica Vitti, for the Best Actor to Vittorio Gassman, for the Best Comedy to Ugo Tognazzi.
The program may be subject to changes
Dal 13 al 23 ottobre 2022
Presso Auditorium Parco della Musica e vari luoghi