Museums and places of culture are required to comply with the indications included in the COVID containment measures.
We remind you that:
- when Rome is a yellow zone, museums are open only on weekdays (Mon-Fri);
- When Rome is an orange zone, all museums are closed.
Rome is a yellow zone; all places of culture open from Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, provided that use methods are guaranteed referring to the size and characteristics of the premises. Please, avoid gatherings, respect interpersonal distance, and wear a mask.
Admissions are subject to limitations and with compulsory electronic reservations and ticketing.
In compliance with the anti-COVID-19 regulations, the collaboration of everyone is essential, so we invite you to follow the instructions below, which refer to the health rules issued by the competent authorities, provided for museums, for the main city attractions, for commercial establishments, and entertainment activities.
You can access to museums only if you wear a mask; before entering, you must pass the thermo-scanner. In the presence of temperatures above 37.5 °, access will not be allowed; only bring small bags; inside the museum, you must maintain a safe distance and avoid gatherings, unless you are a family unit
It is strongly recommended that you pre-purchase tickets online with an assignment of the entrance shift on the website www.museiincomuneroma.it or through the call center 060608 (every day from 9 am to 7 pm).
At the access control, during the visiting shift hours, you must show the ticket in digital mode or the purchase receipt printed with the Print @ Home method, thus avoiding having to go to the ticket office.
MIC cardholders and those entitled to free tickets can book at 060608.
You can purchase tickets, including free tickets, directly at the museums, in compliance with the distancing and the anti-COVID regulations, and within the limits of the capacities provided for the exhibition halls and for the individual time slots. After reading the information posted at the ticket offices, you leave your personal data - name, surname, email, telephone - as required by current provisions.
Groups composed of a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 10 people, plus the guide can access only by free booking at 060608 with pre-purchase of at least 5 tickets for the Capitoline Museums, 2 tickets for the other museums. The remaining tickets can be paid on-site at the time of the visit. Groups must necessarily be equipped with their own radio guide, guaranteeing the distancing of people, who, according to the capacity of the site, will also be distributed in different rooms.
On the occasion of the first Sunday of the month, you can book tickets calling 060608 or at the Tourist Infopoints.
Non fee-paying museums
Tickets can be collected directly at the museums - in compliance with the capacity, spacing, and anti-COVID regulations in force - or booked at 060608 within half an hour of visiting time. As required by current provisions, those who have not booked through 060608 must leave their personal data - name, surname, email, telephone - after having read the information posted at the ticket offices.
Groups consisting of a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 10 people plus the guide can only access by booking at 060608. Groups must necessarily be equipped with their own radio guide, guaranteeing the distancing of people, who, according to the capacity of the site, can also be distributed in different rooms.
PARCO ARCHEOLOGICO DEL COLOSSEO
Since 1 June 2020, the access and visit rules provides for the following:
- Restricted accesses.
- Compulsory online booking of entrance tickets on the website www.coopculture.it.
- At the entrance to the site, the body temperature is measured, indicating 37.5 ° C as the limit threshold for entry.
- It is mandatory to wear personal protective equipment.
Along the visit route, indicators for distancing are set up. Inside the site, a distance of 1.80 meters between visitors must always be maintained. The paths are accessible through specific signs and apps.
Access to the Colosseum can be used by individuals or groups of up to 20 adequately spaced people, which includes adults, children, guides, companions, etc.
The booking of the visit is mandatory through the official website or by calling the number +39 06 32810. The duration is 2 hours for a maximum of 80 people per shift to ensure compliance with safety distances within the rooms.
The museum services, such as ticket office, luggage storage, and bookshop, have been placed outside to limit the stay of visitors inside the building to what is strictly necessary. The audio guide and guided tour services are temporarily suspended.
Entrance to groups is not allowed.
The museum entrance is located on the right side of the facade.
While staying in the museum, and in the areas adjacent to the building, you are required to:
- always wear a mask;
- avoid gatherings;
- respect the distance of 1.5 meters;
- wash your hands often with the sanitizing devices that the museum makes available.
MUSEO NAZIONALE DI CASTEL SANT’ANGELO
To access the site, you must wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth for the duration of the visit.
You will also be subjected to the control of your body temperature through thermometric instruments. Access is denied if your temperature is above 37.5 ° C.
Inside the museum, you must maintain an interpersonal distance of 1.5 m and avoid gatherings.
Please, carefully follow the health rules indicated in the appropriate signs, placed to guarantee the health and safety of all.
The use of the wardrobe is not allowed.
Access to groups accompanied by their own licensed tour guide is allowed for a maximum of 12 people, only if equipped with radio guide systems.
Those who do not follow the instructions will be expelled from the museum.
Online booking and purchase of tickets are highly recommended.
- Always wear a mask while staying inside the monument;
- always keep an interpersonal distance of at least 1.5 meters. This rule does not apply to family members;
- body temperature will be measured before entering the monument. If it is above or equal to 37.5 ° C, the entry will not be allowed;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face in general with your hands.
Admission is free and without reservation. Access is allowed to one person at a time.
For visiting the Museums, free reservations are required through the website tickets.museivaticani.va. Accesses are limited and organized on entry slots of 15 minutes each. It is also mandatory to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth for the duration of the visit. Each visitor is subjected to temperature control. Inside the museum, it is also necessary to maintain an interpersonal distance of over 1 meter and avoid crowds.
Group visits are allowed for a maximum of 10 people and can be booked through the official ticket office tickets.museivaticani.va.
SAINT PETER’S BASILICA
Here are all the safety measures you must know before visiting the Basilica:
- Upon entering the Basilica, your body temperature is measured by a thermal scanner.
- You are required to wear masks that completely cover your nose and mouth for the duration of the visit.
- You must respect social distancing measures, such as maintaining a minimum distance of 2 meters from others.
Social distancing markers have been installed on the pavement to facilitate the assessment of distances before entry.
You can enter St. Peter's Basilica directly from the main entrance, while the one that passes through the Sistine Chapel is closed until further notice.
The number of people who can attend a mass has been significantly reduced. Please check availability before booking your ticket.
Numerous stations with hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed around St. Peter's Square for public use.
Until March 5, 2021, exhibitions and public opening services of museums, archaeological areas, and monumental complexes are suspended.
As for the retail trade exercises, we remind you that you must wear a mask and maintain an interpersonal distance of at least 1 meter from others. Entry to the shops is subject to limitation and is based on the surface of the shop itself. It is forbidden to stay inside the premises longer than the time necessary to make purchases.
RESTAURANTS, PUBS, AND BARS
You can consume food and drinks in bars, restaurants, and other catering activities, from 5.00 to 18.00. During the same hours, the take away of food and beverage is allowed without restrictions and is possible from 18.00 to 22.00 but not for bars with no kitchen or retail trade of drinks. Home delivery is allowed without time limits but with the regulations on packaging and delivery of products.
The following is provided:
- Detection of body temperature. Access is denied if it is above 37.5 ° C.
- Restaurants close at midnight, and a maximum of six people per table is allowed.
- You must keep an interpersonal distance of at least 1 meter from other customers. If you belong to the same family unit, you are not subject to interpersonal distancing.
- You must use a mask inside the premises if you are not consuming (to reach the bathrooms or to pay at the cashier). Your template must not be placed on the table.
You must adopt rigorous behavior at the table and in the restaurant in general, raising the supervision of accompanied minors and limiting movement in the restaurant to only the necessary activities.
You cannot use hangers or cloakrooms.
SHOPPING MALLS AND OUTLETS
Maxi stores and open-air markets are regularly open.
Shopping centers are closed on holidays, days before holidays, and weekends. Exceptions are pharmacies, para-pharmacies, food outlets, tobacconists, and newsagents within them.
As regards the commercial establishments, the following is envisaged:
- At the entrance, you must be subjected to the measurement of your body temperature. Entry is only allowed if yours is below 37.5 ° C.
- You must wear a mask for the entire time you stay in the shopping center, except for times when you use services that are incompatible with them - catering, facial beauty treatments.
- Cohabiting people (and in general people not subject to interpersonal distancing) can stay at a distance of less than 1 meter, indicated for other customers.
THEATER HALLS, MUSIC VENUES, AND CINEMAS
All activities are suspended.